Oral cancer is found in over 42,000 people in the US every single year. As with many types of cancer, successful treatments typically require finding the disease in time. The sooner you have an oral cancer screening, the better your chances for a positive outcome. Listed below are some common symptoms that may clue you in on a potential oral cancer in your body:
– Do you have any sores or wounds in and around your mouth that do not heal after two or more weeks?
– Does your tissue appear spotted or speckled with red or white colored blotches?
– Is there any recurring numbness or loss of feeling in or around your mouth?
– Do you ever experience any unusual bleeding from your mouth?
– Are there any irregularities in your mouth such as bumps, lumps, or rough patches that you can see or feel in your mouth?
– Have you experienced rapid weight loss, a persistent sore throat, or a change in your tooth’s alignments?
If you said yes to any of these symptoms, please visit David J. Harsant, DDS, PA for an oral cancer screening. If you would like to meet with Dr. David J. Harsant and our team, please call 910.864.4646 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Fayetteville, North Carolina. We look forward to seeing you smile!