In addition to brushing your teeth, another effective dental habit is to floss every day in order to remove trapped food particles so that your smile is not at a high risk of tooth decay. If flossing is a constant struggle, we offer the following dental floss tips to help you improve your technique and enjoy greater oral health:
– Develop effective oral care routine of flossing every day in order to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
– Your dental floss piece should be about 18 inches and then wound around the middle fingers so that you can extract a clean section for each area of your smile to prevent cross-contamination of debris.
– When maneuvering the floss around the teeth, slide it in up-and-down motions that are very gentle and don’t cause damage by pressing on the gum line.
– Remember to clear any plaque deposits from behind your back teeth.
– Our dentist would be happy to help you select quality flossing tools. You can also look for the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance on floss products in stores.
We invite you to give our office a call at 910.864.4646 today to schedule a time to speak with Drs. Davis and Harsant about the importance of flossing in Fayetteville, North Carolina.