Even though dental floss is highly effective for cleaning between teeth, it may not always be possible to use. Did you know there are alternative interdental cleaners that can clean between teeth safely and effectively beyond dental floss? Alternative cleaners such as water flossers can be used to help clean between teeth without the use of thread. Additional benefits of water flossers include the following:
– When selecting a water flosser, always look for products that have been deemed safe and effective by your dentist.
– Look for water flossers that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance as it is given by the American Dental Association for products that are safe and effective for use.
– If you struggle with traditional threaded floss, water flossers are highly recommended to give you a much easier time cleaning between teeth.
– If you have any previous oral health treatment services in your mouth that may hinder or impair traditional threaded floss, such as orthodontic aligners, dental bridges, dentures, or dental crowns, water flossers are a highly effective alternative interdental option to use.
– Water flossers are extremely effective because they do not feature any thread as traditional floss does, but instead uses a steady beam of water to help wash away harmful bacteria and debris between teeth.
Are you interested in a comprehensive oral examination in Fayetteville, North Carolina? If so, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. David J. Harsant at our dentist office by calling us at 910.864.4646. David J. Harsant, DDS, PA looks forward to enhancing your smile with optimum oral health care.